Frequently Asked Questions - EAD (AOS)
Employment Authorization Document. This is evidence that a person is authorized to work in USA. People undergoing Adjustment of Status (AOS or I-485 process) are entitled to an EAD.
- Loss of job/laid off during Covid/coronavirus times
- National Interest Waiver (NIW) Filing When Priority Date is Not Current
- Can we Open a Company While on EAD?
- I-485 Applicant Holding Multiple Jobs On EAD
- New Regulations, Effect on Layoff after I-140 Approval
- Changing employers after I-140 approval; impact on H-1, green card, H-4 EAD, etc.
- The Proposed I-140 EAD Rule - FAQ's
- Inter- Country adoption by Indian couple on EAD
- October 2015 Visa Bulletin Confusion FAQ's
- Using Obama's Immigration Action to Apply for AOS/EAD
- Immigration Impact of Crimes, Misdemeanor Conviction and Petty Offense Exception
Question 1: Redo the PERM or just the I-140. If redoing the PERM again then what's new in this regulation?
Answer: After 180 days, you can extend H-1 even if 140 is withdrawn.
Question 2: It seems that there is no easy provision for EAD/AP for approved 140 applicants. So is there any point in waiting for this rule or Should I consider Visa stamping is only option for traveling outside US? Please suggest as I waited for a year or long thought they are going to give AP.
If you are not a US citizen, you need to adopt the child and then to possess custody of the child for 2 years (as far as I remember). Then the child can come here on H-4 or a derivative green card.
FAQ's Updated on 21 September 2015